Brown Stew Chicken
Learn how to make this amazing Brown Stew Chicken in 30 minutes with the flair of Red Jerk Fusion which is a mashup of Jamaican Jerk flavors and Moroccan Ras El Hanout for an amazing fusion taste. Brown Stew Chicken is a famous dish from Jamaica and I’ve made it my own with the help of Red Jerk Fusion. This recipe is easy to make, quick, and perfect for beginners. It will become your go-to comfort food! Check out this video for all of the details on how to make an easy Brown Stew Chicken!
Get Red Jerk Fusion and try this recipe! https://chilaufoods.com/products/red-...
Pan used, 12" non-stick Fry Pan https://amzn.to/39xLzki
- 7 Boneless Chicken thighs (1 Pack)
- Medium Onion diced - 6 Sweet Pepper (2 Orange, 2 Red, 2 Yellow)
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Cup Water or Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Red Jerk Fusion Paste (1 TBSP for less heat)
- Red Jerk Fusion Rub
- Salt to Taste
- Seasoned chicken on both sides with a heavy coat of Red Jerk Fusion Rub
- Over medium-high melt a half stick of butter , cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until a nice crust forms
- Remove chicken from the pan and store in a large bowl
- Add flour to the butter and drippings in the pan and stir until smooth.
- Once the flour and butter start to get bubbly add peppers and onions, and saute until the onions are clear and peppers tender
- Keep the heat on Medium-High, add water to the pan followed by Red Jerk Fusion Paste, and simmer and stir
- STOP HERE ***Taste the base and add salt to taste***
- Simmer 5 minutes on medium heat to allow the flavors to develop. Adjust liquid for desired thickness of the gravy
- Add the chicken back to the pan including the drippings in the bowl, cover, and simmer for 15 min, or until the chicken reaches 165 with a probe thermometer.
Serve with rice and a side of cabbage or choice of vegetables and enjoy!