Shrimp and Sausage
If you’re looking for a quick and easy étouffée recipe using Chilau Flavor base, then this beginner-friendly Shrimp and Sausage Étoufée recipe is just the thing! This dish is perfect for serving to guests or for family meals. This recipe takes about 30 minutes from start to finish using your choice of proteins, veggies, and starches to create your own signature dish. This time around I chose Shrimp and Sausage, but crawfish, chicken, crab, and other proteins are great options to "Put Your Spin On it!"
Get our Chilau Welcome Kit and try this recipe! https://chilaufoods.com/pages/welcome...
Pan used, 12" non-stick Fry Pan https://amzn.to/39xLzki
Pasta: Three Cheese Tortellini https://amzn.to/3MLeb7X
- 2 lbs Shrimp
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage links (Sliced)
- Stick Butter
- 1 Cup Water or Chicken Stock
- 3/4 Cup Chilau Flavor Base (Original, Citrus or Gumbo)
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to Taste Shrimp Seasoned with Chilau Original Seasoning
- Add shrimp in bowl and season with Chilau Original Seasoning and Salt to your preference. Toss/stir to evenly coat.
- Over medium-high heat sauté shrimp in half stick of butter until pink, remove from pan by pouring into bowl or dish including drippings.
- Saute sausage until edges are crispy and remove from pan by adding to the dish holding the shrimp.
- Use the other half of the butter to make a light roux. Saute butter until it starts to bubble then add flour stirring constantly. Stir for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat until the roux becomes smooth.
- Add bell peppers and onions to the roux and saute until the onions are clear and peppers tender
- Keep the heat on Medium-High, add water to the pan followed by Chilau Flavor Base, Heavy Cream, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and stir STOP HERE ***Taste the base and add salt to taste***
- Simmer 10 minutes on medium heat to allow the flavors to develop
- Pour the Shrimp and Sausage back into the pan and fold into sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat then remove from heat.
Top with fresh chopped parsley. Serve over the choice of Pasta or rice