Surf & Turf BBQ
I'm often asked is Chilau good with other meats besides seafood and my answer is always, Yes. Though Chilau was inspired by a seafood based recipe it has the essential flavor profile that is universal to amazing flavor. Onion, Garlic, Chile Peppers and spices like black pepper, cumin, mustard and celery are stables in many cooking styles. For this particular recipe I wanted to display how you can elevate your BBQ with Chilau Seasonings as well as create an amazing sweet and tangy honey mustard bbq sauce. I decided to go with the open faced sandwich approach but the mustard bbq sauce and seasonings can fuel your entire BBQ Festivities.
- 1/4 Cup Chilau Citrus ( Original or Gumbo will work but add more honey by 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Yellow Mustard (Optional)
- 1 tsp Chilau Original seasoning for extra kick)
- Meats: 2lbs Shimp, 2 Slabs Baby Back Ribs
- Season shrimp on both sides with Chilau Seasoning. (Lite dusting, for more kick go heavier with Original Seasoning)
- Remove membrane skin on back of ribs using a napkin then season liberally on both sides with Garlic Pepper and Original Seasonings
- Grill/Smoke ribs on Indirect heat (not directly over coals) for 1 hour, or until the meat draws back exposing the bones. I like to say when they start showing their teeth or smiling at you! 😁
- Remove from grill and place in a foil wrap with a little sauce and water. Make sure to seal the foil.
- Place ribs back in grill and let steam for 45min
- Grill Shrimp until pink brushing with sauce occasionally Serve as a side a or classic BBQ surf & turf sandwich like I did! 😋😋😋